We are seeking self-motivated, innovative candidates for a volunteer position as one of the co-editors of the journal. This editor will work closely with the Publication Committee, as well as another co-editor. Together, the co-editors will create and shape the next issue of the journal.
Candidates should be currently enrolled in Dominican University’s SOIS program, preferably with experience using online platforms. Candidates should be familiar with the Chicago Manual of Style, as well as APA citation, and have a basic knowledge of how to utilize the various databases provided by Dominican University.
- Seeks out potential authors and ideas for pieces. Manages marketing a call for submissions, soliciting, and collecting submissions. Answers author queries and acts as the point of contact during the submission process.
- Evaluates submissions with regard to writing style, substance, and relevance.
- Offers editorial feedback in regard to style and content, as well as professionalism and authority of references. Provides fact-checking.
- Acts as project manager to coordinate publication schedule, formatting, and author management. Communicates with the Publication Committee on final, revised manuscripts.
- Manages promotion of the published issue, through social media and marketing campaigns.
Please send your cover letters and resume to email@example.com.